|This classic and unique Tahiti Blue MGB was manufactured in the MG plant in Abingdon UK for the English market as an original RHD car. It came to Australia as an owner import and has been in my possession since 2011. With the original duco it has all the charm and patina of a classic seventies British Sports-Car and the performance and driveability of a modern convertible. The gearbox is fitted with overdrive on 3rd and 4th gears giving it the equivalent of a 6 speed box.
During my period of ownership I have used it as a weekend driver and on MG Club Cruises and it is well known in the club. At the 2015 MG Car Club Concourse it won “Best Daily Driver” as well as been recently on display at the Queensland Motorsport Museum. It has competed at the Mt Cotton Hill Climb once and The 25th Anniversary Leyburn Sprints in 2015.
Note: The Odometer shows 11300 miles - Not Klms.
Over the last five years I have invested in some practical and performance enhancing upgrades.
• Period style Alloy Wheels (6 X 15 inch) on 205X15X50 Low Profile R Spec Tyres.
• Upgraded front brake discs and pads.
• Upgraded Front Stabiliser Bar.
• Front Camber Kit and Competition Springs.
• Lower rear springs.
• Electronic Ignition.
• Cold Air Intake.
• Alloy Radiator and upgraded Electric Fan.
• Ceramic Coated Extractors and Inlet Manifold.
• Port & Polished Cylinder Head.
• Cylinder head modified for unleaded fuel.
• Roll Bar.
• New Mohair Top
• Re-Upholstered Seats.
• Retractable Seat Belts.
Currently on full registration however it would be eligible for club registration if required. The personalised plates are included and a Roadworthy Certificate will supplied.