|This very rare 1926 Pontiac Soft Top, 4 Door Tourer was built in Melbourne, Australia, during the first year of GM manufacturing at the Fisherman's Bend Motor Plant in Port Melbourne.
At this time, General Motors was using James Alexander Holden's former saddlery business in Adelaide, South Australia, to be the exclusive supplier American car body shells for their Fisherman's Bend plant.
In 1931, the two companies merged to become General Motors-Holden's Limited (GM-H).
Manufactured and delivered in 1926 to Mr Birks Hawson of Victoria, this fore-runner of todays Holden's was used as his family car until he put it into storage in 1953. It sat undisturbed until 1981 when my late father purchased it then had it meticulously restored taking great care to remain as close to original as possible.
My father then used his fully restored pride and joy periodically as a wedding car and for other special occasions until he passed away in 2014.
The "Ponty", as Dad called it, has been with our family since 1981, lovingly cared for and garaged for the last 35 years.
**This is the first time in the vehicle's 90 year history that it has been offered for sale to the public
Some things to note;
* Current private registration on it's original 6 digit cast alloy plates
* The engine runs well and has never been removed or re-conditioned
* The engine is the original split head 186.5 cubic inch 6 cylinder side valve
* It has its original vacuum tank to draw fuel from the rear tank
* All original wooden spokes are still in place
* Original wooden steering wheel
* Electroplating completed during its restoration was done in nickel
* The upholstery is in perfect condition since being re-upholstered in 1981
* The rear brakes have been re-conditioned, there are none on the front axle as was the design in 1926
* Not required to have indicators
* Converted to 12 volt from the original 6 volts
* Headlights are the original Monogram lights that it was manufactured with
* It has its original working Klaxon horn
* The single windscreen wiper is hand operated
* The soft top folds down to an open carriage
* The radiator has its original Indians head radiator cap and the two pennies on the radiator shroud with the words that read; "Chief of the Sixes" and "Product of General Motors".
This vehicle is for genuine sale and all reasonable offers will be considered
Price has been reduced to sell
Please email me directly on email@example.com to make an offer or for more information
Please find more pictures online at https://www.facebook.com/Pontiac1926/
Thanks for your interest.