Para Hills SA 5096
The Hillman Car Club of South Australia Inc. was formed in May 1988, and has as its main objective the preservation of Hillman vehicles and derivatives thereof. Additionally it aims to provide a source of information about those vehicles and provide assistance to people wishing to own and maintain Hillmans or who simply have an interest in them.
The Club has a membership of around 80 to 90 spread across Australia, but mainly located in South Australia. Male and female members are of all ages and from all walks of life. Their cars are varied ranging from a 1913 Hillman Roadster (the oldest Hillman in Australia and believed to be one of two remaining in the world), a 1932 roadster and 1935 sedan, through various models of Minx to 1967, Hillman Husky, rear engined Imps and Hunters of the late 1960s and early 1970's.
Commercial vehicles are represented by a Hillman utility and the heavier Commer trucks. Members also own other Rootes Group vehicles, some of which were models uniquely marketed in Australia e.g. Hillman Gazelle and Humber Vogue.
Members have access to our library, guidance in sourcing spares, club clothing and badges.
In June 1992, the Club organised the First Hillman National Rally in Mildura and conducted further successful rallies in 1998 at Mount Gambier and in 2004 in the Barossa Valley. Other rallies have been held by the New South Wales and Victorian clubs. These rallies have led to a number of ongoing friendships between members of the participating clubs.
A quality newsletter is distributed monthly (except January). Copies of the magazine are forwarded to other clubs in Australia and overseas as a means of exchanging news and information.
Regular runs are held and other events such as the “Bay to Birdwood Run” and the “Bay to Birdwood Classic” are promoted within the Club.
For information on our monthly General Meetings, please refer to the events page.
The Club has always possessed a number of young members who are encouraged to participate in all activities and areas of the Club.
We are affiliated with the Federation of Historic Motoring Clubs, which allows us access to education (e.g. about Historic Registration) and accreditation training (e.g. traffic marshalling).
Conditional registration (for Historic and Prescribed Left Hand Drive vehicles) is available to financial members, subject to the club's qualification rules and all legal requirements.