The Maibohm was built in the U.S.A. and the factory built all but the bodies. These were supplied by a coach-building firm called Millspaugh and Irish, in open and closed style. The Maibohm was a conventional assembled car, using a 20 hp four cylinder engine up to 1919 and a six from the Falls engine company from 1919 to 1922. Vehicle assembly was first at a place called Racine, Wisconsin, they later moved to Sandusky in Ohio.
Figures are vague on how many Maibohm automobiles were built. Sometime in 1922 the Maibohm name disappeared and a new car - the “Courier”, appeared from the same Ohio factory, the Courier rode on a 116 inch wheelbase and used the same Falls engine as the Maibohm, around 1000 Couriers were produced before the company failed in 1924. The Australian agent for the Maibohm was J.G. Howard & Co Ltd, 148 Phillip Street, Sydney. They claimed the Maibohm was introduced to the Australian market on October 15, 1921, however we cannot confirm if any were actually imported or sold.