Ford Anglia 105E Technical Specifications (1959)
The following specifications are relevant for the 1959 Model Ford Anglia Prefect
- Years of Manufacture: 1959 - 1967
- Number Built: 1,799,482 (all models)
- Price at Introduction:
- Basic with Deluxe body: £430
- British purchase tax: £180 5s 10d.
- Heater Option: £10 (+ £4 3s 4d. British purchase tax)
- Unitary construction (Monocoque)
- Exterior Dimensions:
- Total Length: 12 ft. 9.5 in.
- Total width: 4 ft. 9.3 in.
- Ground clearance: 6.4 in.
- Wheelbase: 7 ft. 6.5 in.
- Front Track: 3 ft. 10 in.
- Rear Track: 3 ft. 9.8 in.
- Kerb Weight:
- Anglia: 1680 lb.
- Weight distribution:
- Fuel Tank:
- Rear mounted, 7 gallon capacity
- General Equipment:
- Dual electrically operated windscreen wipers
- Moisture-proof flush fitting headlamps
- Seperate side lamps
- Tail and stop lights combined
- Rear number plate illumination lamps
- Direction indicators, flasher type operated by self-cancelling switch on steering wheel
- Rear view mirror
- Provision for fitment of a radio
- Optional heater
- Conveniently grouped cluster immediately in front of the driver, which includes:
- Ammeter gauge
- Fuel gauge
- Oil pressure light
- Headlamp main beam warning light
- Combined ignition and lighting switch
- Instrument light and windshield wiper
- Foot operated headlamp dimmer switch
- Centre shift gear lever
- Light action synchromesh on top and second gears
- Helically cut constant mesh gears
- Oil capacity 1.68 pints
- Gear ratio:
- 1st: 9.88:1
- 2nd: 5.83:1
- 3rd: 4.12:1
- Reverse: 16.99:1
- Dry single plate spring-cushioned, hydraulic operation from pedal to heavy duty ball bearing thrust release
- Rear Axle:
- Spiral bevel crown wheel and pinion
- Heavy roller and ball bearings
- Hotchkiss drive
- Universal joints have needle roller bearings
- Axle ratio 4.429:1
- Oil capacity 1.36 pints
- 0-60 mph (0-97 km/h):
- Standing Quarter Mile (400 metres):
- 4 Cylinder Engine:
- Capacity: 996.6 cc / 60.84 cubic inches
- Type: Watercooled four
stroke, reciprocating piston type with
4 cylinders, overhead, pushrods
- Configuration: Front mounted, longitudinal,
- Head: Detachable cast iron incorporating volume controlled combustion chambers for economy and smooth running
- Fuel System: Diaphragm type fuel pump mechanically operated. Downdraft carburettor with special zero starter and fitted with combined air cleaner and silencer. Electrical petrol gauge.
- Bore and Stroke: 80.96 x 48.41 mm (3.187 x 1.906 inches)
- Power: 39bhp @ 5000rpm
- Torque: 52.5lb-ft @ 2700rpm
- Compression Ratio: 8.9:1
- Ignition and Electrical:
- 12 volt battery and coil (battery accessibly located under hood)
- Distributor with automatic advance and retard operated by mechanical governor weights
- Sparking plug size 14mm
- Firing order 1-2-4-3
- Front: Independent coil springs, anti-roll bar
- Rear: Live axle, semi-elliptic leaf springs
- High efficiency worm and peg type
- Two spoke spring type steering wheel
- Turning Circle:
- Left: 32 ft. 2 in.
- Right: 32 ft. 6 in.
- Turns lock-to-lock: 2.6
- Girling hydraulic internal expanding
- Front: Drum, two leading shoes, 8.0 in. diameter, 1.25 in. wide
- Rear: Drum, leading and trailing shoes, 8.0 in. diameter, 1.25 in. wide
- Foot brakes on all 4 wheels, hand brakes on rear wheels only
- 13" Pressed steel disc wheels with wide-base rims
- Rustless steel hub caps
- India tubeless 5.20 x 13
- Pressure front: 22 lb. sq. in.
- Pressure rear: 22 lb. sq. in.
Ford Anglia Review
Ford Prefect Review
Ford Anglia 100E and Prefect Technical Specifications (1955)
Ford Anglia 100E and Prefect Brochure (1955)
Ford Anglia 105E Road Test (1959)
|Sell Your Car or Parts Browse the Classifieds It's Absolutely Free! - Find Out More