Unique Cars and Parts Member Image Gallery

Send This Page To A Friend
Unique Cars and Parts Member Image Gallery

Random Photo

Latest Photo

Submit Your Photo
Fairlane ZA
1967 - 1968
Through the years, the various models of Fairlane followed the Falcon onto the market, changing when the Falcon did, and using their own unique two letter code to distinguish the cars. The ZA closely followed the XR Falcon onto the market, and used many of the smaller car’s components, not just drivetrain and suspension, but even the doors were the same
Fairlane ZB
1968 - 1969
Minor revisons to the front and rear styling marked the ZB. The tail lamp treatment was altered, retaining the large square Galaxie style lampdivided into 2 parts by a rectangular indicator lens, replacing the central circular one. The optional V8 changed too, increasing in size form 289ci to 302ci. The range retained its two trim levels, Custom and upscale 500
Fairlane ZC
1969 - 1970
The ZC marked the first noticable change to the Fairlane, swapping from horizontal to vertical headlamp orientation. For long a U.S. styling device, it was unusual that Ford in Australia would go to this design after it had been abandoned across the Pacific. By necessity it did raise the front wings to accomodate the lights and this gave the ZC a larger and more imposing look
Fairlane ZD
1970 - 1972
There were minor styling changes to the ZD, the grille became bolder and the tail lamps were changed and separated by a broad trim panel. While the car had not altered much in style, it retained its grip on the market place, despite the appearance of locally produced rivals
Fairlane ZF
1972 - 1973
The ZF marked a complete new re-styling of the Fairlane, now wholly Australian designed and produced. It is easy to see that the design was influenced by the new XA Falcon, retaining, as the previous cars had done, the basic central structure including the doors, and bulking out either end
Fairlane ZG
1972 - 1973
The ZG marked yet another gentle revision of its predecessor with a bolder, four horizontal bar grille and tail lamp tweaks
Fairlane ZH
1976 - 1979
The ZH was Ford's answer to all the citiscism of its predecessors. While again retaining the central structure of the XC Falcon, the designers put much extra bulk into the car, not only giving it a big car look, but also actually lengthening it as wel
Fairlane ZJ
1979 - 1982
The new Fairlane was smaller and lighter than its predecessor as it shared its floorpan with the Falcon Wagon. Fortunately though the engineers were able to maximise interior space so that, inside the cabin at least, the new model was actually bigger than before
Fairlane ZK
1982 - 1984
Released in March 1982, visually there was little to diferentiate the new model Fairlane from its predecessor, the ZJ. It was naturally under the skin where most changes occured, the most important being the improvement to the 4.1 litre six cylinder engine
1973 - 1976
The Landau was a coupe version of the LTD, based on the Falcon hardtop, and was Ford Australia's first Aussie designed luxury two-door coupe. It retained the frontal treatment of the full size LTD with its disappearing head lamps and the full width tail lamps
1973 - 1976
The LTD was launched as Ford's new flagship model, replacing versions of the imported U.S. Galaxie. It marked a bold initiative by Ford, determined to capture the local top of the range market and become the de facto limousine of choice for government and business
1976 - 1979
Once more it is apparent that the FB, or P6, LTD is based upon the equivalent Fairlane, but with an impressive frontal treatment. With its Rolls Royce style grille, and the large circular head lamps set in a bluff vertical front panel, the P6 presented a bold and dominating presence to the road. Also impressive was the even greater wheelbase, and a list of standard features that wanted for nothing.
1979 - 1982
The introduction of the ZJ Fairlane and the FC LTD luxury Fords, based on the XD Falcon, demonstrated just how much thought Broadmeadows had put into its program for the 1980s. So many of the parts that made up XD, ZJ and FC were totally interchangeable, and were manufactured on the same machine ensuring savings in tooling and manufacture. While the LTD had 75% of its parts in common with the XD Falcon, the remaining 25% were specifically ZJ/FC.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1

Showing 1 - 1 of 1

You may also like...