1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Technical Specifications
- Years of Manufacture: 1956 - 1959
- Unitary construction (Monocoque)
- Exterior Dimensions:
- Total Length: 17 ft. 3.5 in.
- Total width: 6 ft. 5.0 in.
- Ground clearance: 7.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 9 ft. 10.0 in.
- Front Track: 4 ft. 11 in.
- Rear Track: 4 ft. 8.5 in.
- Height: 4 ft. 8.5 in.
- Frontal Area: 26 sq. ft. (approx)
- Kerb Weight:
- Anglia: 3,731 lb.
- Weight distribution:
- Fuel Tank:
- Rear mounted, 16 gallon capacity
- Arc styled speedometer with fuel gauge at left, temperature gauge at right
- Odometer set below speedo, with indicator tell-tales to either side
- Switch gear set in two groups of three to either side of steering wheel
- Analogue clock
- Transmission - FordoMatic 3 Speed:
- Gear ratio:
- 1st: 15.62 to 7.44:1
- 2nd: 9.57 to 4.55:1
- Top Direct: 3.1:1
- Maximum Speed In Gears:
- 1st: 92 mph / 148.1 km/h
- 2nd: 45 mph (kick down 65 mph)
- Top: 38 mph
- 272 V8 Engine:
- Capacity: 4458 cc / 272 cubic inches
- Type: Watercooled four
stroke, reciprocating piston type with
8 cylinders in Vee configuration, overhead, pushrods
- Configuration: Front mounted, longitudinal,
- Bore and Stroke: 92.06 x 83.8 mm (3.62 x 3.3 inches)
- Power: 176bhp @ 4400rpm
- Torque: 264lb-ft @ 2400rpm
- Compression Ratio: 7.1:1
- Ignition and Electrical:
- 12 volt 55 ampere-hour battery
- Headlights: Double dip 50/40 watt bulb
- 0-60 mph (0-97 km/h):
- Standing Quarter Mile (400 metres):
- Front: Independent, coil springs, anti-roll bar
- Rear: Semi-elliptic leaf springs
- High efficiency worm and peg type
- Two spoke spring type steering wheel
- Turning Circle:
- 40 ft, left and right
- Turns lock-to-lock: 4¾
- Ford hydraulic
- Front: Drum, 11.0 in. diameter, 1.25 in. wide, 106 sq. in lining area
- Rear: Drum, 11.0 in. diameter, 1.75 in. wide, 78 sq. in lining area
Ford Fairlane 500 Review
Ford Fairlane 500 Skyliner Review
Classic Ford Car Commercials from the 50's
TYPE 34 RAZORBACK KARMANN GHIA
Sell Your Car or Parts
Browse the Classifieds
It's Absolutely Free! - Find Out More