1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Technical Specifications
- Years of Manufacture: 1956 - 1959
- Unitary construction (Monocoque)
- Exterior Dimensions:
- Total Length: 17 ft. 3.5 in.
- Total width: 6 ft. 5.0 in.
- Ground clearance: 7.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 9 ft. 10.0 in.
- Front Track: 4 ft. 11 in.
- Rear Track: 4 ft. 8.5 in.
- Height: 4 ft. 8.5 in.
- Frontal Area: 26 sq. ft. (approx)
- Kerb Weight:
- Anglia: 3,731 lb.
- Weight distribution:
- Fuel Tank:
- Rear mounted, 16 gallon capacity
- Arc styled speedometer with fuel gauge at left, temperature gauge at right
- Odometer set below speedo, with indicator tell-tales to either side
- Switch gear set in two groups of three to either side of steering wheel
- Analogue clock
- Transmission - FordoMatic 3 Speed:
- Gear ratio:
- 1st: 15.62 to 7.44:1
- 2nd: 9.57 to 4.55:1
- Top Direct: 3.1:1
- Maximum Speed In Gears:
- 1st: 92 mph / 148.1 km/h
- 2nd: 45 mph (kick down 65 mph)
- Top: 38 mph
- 272 V8 Engine:
- Capacity: 4458 cc / 272 cubic inches
- Type: Watercooled four
stroke, reciprocating piston type with
8 cylinders in Vee configuration, overhead, pushrods
- Configuration: Front mounted, longitudinal,
- Bore and Stroke: 92.06 x 83.8 mm (3.62 x 3.3 inches)
- Power: 176bhp @ 4400rpm
- Torque: 264lb-ft @ 2400rpm
- Compression Ratio: 7.1:1
- Ignition and Electrical:
- 12 volt 55 ampere-hour battery
- Headlights: Double dip 50/40 watt bulb
- 0-60 mph (0-97 km/h):
- Standing Quarter Mile (400 metres):
- Front: Independent, coil springs, anti-roll bar
- Rear: Semi-elliptic leaf springs
- High efficiency worm and peg type
- Two spoke spring type steering wheel
- Turning Circle:
- 40 ft, left and right
- Turns lock-to-lock: 4¾
- Ford hydraulic
- Front: Drum, 11.0 in. diameter, 1.25 in. wide, 106 sq. in lining area
- Rear: Drum, 11.0 in. diameter, 1.75 in. wide, 78 sq. in lining area
Ford Fairlane 500 Review
Ford Fairlane 500 Skyliner Review
Classic Ford Car Commercials from the 50's
Sell Your Car or Parts
Browse the Classifieds
It's Absolutely Free! - Find Out More